SERVICE USER PRIVACY NOTICE
Foxtons Security ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and we will always treat you and your data with the respect you deserve.
This Privacy Notice covers how we collect, use, store and disclose the data that you supply to us and your rights about data that we hold about you. It applies to our employees, current and former Customers, Clients, Suppliers and other Service users. For more information please contact us.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect, store, and use the following categories of information about you:
CC – Company contact details such as main contact name, title, Company addresses, telephone numbers, and company email addresses.
ICS – Information about your use of our information and communications systems.
How the information is collected
We collect Service user information through direct contact, chat, website forms,external enquires or referrals . We may collect additional information in the course of job-related activities throughout the period of our working relationship.
When we will use your Service user information
We need all the categories of information identified above primarily to allow us to perform our contract with you [*] and to enable us to comply with legal obligations [**]. In some cases we may use your Service user information to pursue legitimate interests of our own or those of third parties [***] (provided your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests).
Failure to provide information
If you fail to provide certain information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have entered into with you (such as paying you or providing the required service), or we may be prevented from complying with our legal obligations (such as to ensure the health and safety of our workers).
SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION
“Special categories” of particularly sensitive personal information require higher levels of protection. We may process special categories of Service user information in the following circumstances:
- In limited circumstances, with your explicit written consent.
- Where we need to carry out our legal obligations and in line with our Data Protection Policy.
- Where it is needed in the public interest, such as for equal opportunities monitoring and in line with our Data Protection Policy.
- Where it is needed to assess your working capacity on health grounds, subject to appropriate confidentiality safeguards.
Less commonly, we may process this type of information where it is needed in relation to legal claims or where it is needed to protect your interests (or someone else’s interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent, or where you have already made the information public. We may also process such information about employees or former employees in the course of legitimate business activities with the appropriate safeguards.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current, so please let us know if your information changes.
We may have to share your data with third parties, including third-party service providers (including contractors and designated agents); other entities in the group; in the context of a sale of the business; or with a regulator or to otherwise comply with the law; our insurers and/or professional advisers to manage risks legal disputes. The following activities are carried out by third-party service providers: payroll, pension administration, benefits provision and administration, IT services.
We do this where required by law; where it is necessary to administer the working relationship with you; or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We require third parties to respect the security of your data and to treat it in accordance with the law.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it. Please refer to our DSAR Procedure for more information.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. Please contact the person responsible for Data Protection in our Company.
COMPLAINTS & QUESTIONS
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the person responsible for Data Protection in our Company. If we have breached our duty of care, we will take appropriate action.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new privacy notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.